RE: Cylinder head thickness vs. comp ratio

Subject: RE: Cylinder head thickness vs. comp ratio
From: "Hugh Fader" <>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:22:24 -0500
> I have just worked up an Excel spreadsheet which calculates
> the amount to
> shave from a cylinder head given bore, stroke, old CR and new
> CR. Example

An erroneous assumption I made has been pointed out to me by a couple of
people. To all those who have requested a copy of my spreadsheet, I will
send it to you after I make the correction. Another measurement or estimate
will be required: the area of the opening into the combustion chamber at the
bottom of the head. One correspondent is going to measure this on his TR6
head for me.

Hugh Fader

/// mailing list
///  To unsubscribe send a plain text message to
///  with nothing in it but
///     unsubscribe triumphs
///  or try