RE: helpful hints on start-up after rebuilding

Subject: RE: helpful hints on start-up after rebuilding
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:35:58 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> I don't see a similar pipe in the
> TR4 head I have on my desk (talk about a paper weight) and I have to
> assume that the oil is brought to the rocker shaft through the
> pedestals.

Yes, the oil comes through the rearmost pedestal.  There is a bolt and
copper gasket on the back of the head that communicates with the passage,
but it might be better to spin the oil pump.  The rocker feed does not
communicate directly with the oil galleries in a TR (nor on other engines
I've worked on).

Randall