TR4 Oil Press. Gauge

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Oil Press. Gauge
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@theriver.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:42:11 -0700
Trying to remove the oil press gauge... and finding that the threaded
fitting is very reluctant to come loose.  Various penetrants, heat gun
all to no avail.  I suspect it is a tapered thread and may even have
some sealant in there too.

I've used as much force as I dare... shall I just cut the flexible line
and reattach over the barbed fitting when I reassemble?  (making a note
not to start the engine meanwhile:^)

There seems to be plenty of line there -- anything else I need to
consider?  Is it just plastic or is there some metal lining that will
require a more aggressive cutting tool?  TIA

Geo Hahn
64 TR4
Tucson