Re: TR3/TR4 metal fan balance

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3/TR4 metal fan balance
From: "mike" <mike@gsta.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:14:01 -0500
Hi Tom and Sherman and everyone else - My name is Mike Brooks and I'm new to
the list but not to triumphs. I have a TR4aIRS that I'm in the process of
restoring. I've always considered the metal fan assembly a major weight
disadvantage as well as a pain when changing the belt. I'm seriously
considering installing an aftermarket harmonic balancer on the engine and
either an electric fan or much more efficient flex fan on a smaller and
lighter billet aluminum mount.

Other than the fact that it wouldn't look authentic, does anyone see why
this wouldn't be a good solution to doing away with the the heavy and
awkward original fan and mount??

Thanks! ~Mike