Re: Sports&Classics

To: miket@rio.edu, josephine_fitzgerald@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sports&Classics
From: TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 14:35:28 EST
Hello all-

I had a terrible experience with Sports and Classics a few years ago.

I know everyone makes mistakes. I am not the type to usually complains and I
try to give most people the benefit of any doubt when problems arise.
However, Sports and Classics kept my money for several months after I ordered
a set of wire wheels and wheel conversion kit for my Mk II Jaguar.

I was told they were "in stock" and would be shipped immediately when I
ordered them. It was a big ticket purchase and I planned to work on the
conversion at a time close to when they were ordered-so time was of the
essence. They knew that.

Weeks passed and I was told they had been sent every time I called. I started
asking for supervisors and they were never available when I called for them a
second time. This purchase involved thousands of dollars and I knew what I
had been told many times was never truthful. Their deception seemed to be a
pattern because I spoke to several people and they always told me anything
necessary to get me off the phone.

It was only after I wrote a letter on my letterhead (I am a lawyer) demanding
a refund, that any reasonable response was received. I am confident that
nothing would have happened if I had not threatened legal action.

My experience, while only a one time situation, was terrible. I can only hope
it was isolated.

I have restored several TR's and maintained 2 Jaguars and have never had a
similar situation with any other vendor.

Steve Thornton
Bowling Green, KY

In a message dated 2/1/2002 7:43:16 AM Central Standard Time, miket@rio.edu
writes:

> Josephine Fitzgerald wrote:
> > Anyone had any experience with Sports and Classics in
> > Darien CT.? What's their story?
> I used to deal with them when I first started doing TR's in 1982. They
> seemed like a pretty good group. Although their prices seemed to be on
> the high side. I would get a catalog from Moss, The Roadster Factory,
> and Victoria British and compare prices. They all have web pages,
> including S&C. I might use them if I could drive there and pickup a need
> part in a hurry to forego the shipping cost.
> Here's the links if you don't already have them.

1434 Mt. Ayr Circle
Bowling Green, KY