Crane/Allison Warranty Resolution

Subject: Crane/Allison Warranty Resolution
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 12:01:25 -0800
I just got off the phone with Crane, pursuing a warranty claim on my
13 year old Allison XR700 ignition system and while I'm not as happy
as I would be if they offered to replace it free of charge, I am
placated somewhat by the fact that they will sell me a new unit at a
nearly 50% discount.

I think they SHOULD stand behind the Allison warranty even now, and
in fact the person I spoke to said they did honor that for the first
two years after acquiring Allison.

Contrary to popular belief, I can be a reasonable person, and under
the circumstances I think it is REASONABLE for them to offer the new
system at a substantial discount to owners of failed Allison units.
Of course, it's only reasonable at a BARE MINIMUM level, and I still
think they should continue honoring the Allison warranty indefinitely.

They've given me just enough of a concession to (perhaps) keep me as
a customer.   I haven't actually ordered the new unit yet, but I
expect I will.

--
Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6