back on list

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: back on list
From: JASandPJS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 17:34:49 EST
I''ve been off the list for a year now do to changing jobs and moving from
Berkeley Springs, WV to Charleston, WV.  When I left I was in the process of
deciding on what to do with my planned engine rebuild for my '71 TR6.  After
receiving much good advice from Randall, Dave, and others I bit the money
bullet. I am finially settled in and have the car running at last.  Did the
usual, thrust washers, bearings, balance engine and clutch, .030 oversized
pistons, complete performance valve job, line bore and Goodparts G2 cam,
replaced the ZS with SUs, K&N filters, SS headers and sports exhaust from
Rimmer Bros, Crane ignition, and clutch rebuild.  Skipped the fanicer stuff
like major head work, roller rockers and Webers. Wow, what a difference,
instant starts, incredibly smooth and very quick.  Was afraid I would lose a
lot of bottom end torque and have a rough idle with the new cam, but that was
not the case.  The only real difference I noticed with the cam was real
strength in 3rd and 4th that just was not there before.  For grins I bought
and installed a wind break from Rimmer Bros and got a chance to test it
yesterday as it was a beautiful 78 degrees and sunny in Charleston.  Must say
it works just as advertised, worth the money.  Anyway, good to be back and
see familiar names still around like Randall, Dave and "powercoat" Fred.

John, '71 TR6
Charleston