RE: dumb really dumb

To: Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: dumb really dumb
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 14:42:54 -0800
Fred, I always use a small flat-blade screwdriver that has rounded edges on
the side of the blade (same one I use to tighten the setscrews in the dizzy
cap).  Set one edge of the lens in the groove, then pry the rubber lip out
right next to where the lens is in the groove, and slide the screwdriver
around while pressing inward firmly on the lens.  Takes about 30 seconds to
do both the lens and the trim ring, either on or off.  I use silicone spray
to help preserve the rubber, don't know if it aids this process or not.

Randall