Guess My Weight

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Guess My Weight
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@theriver.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 08:58:32 -0700
I am planning on striking a new commission plate for a 64 TR4 as the old
one has lost about 90% of the printing.  2 questions...

The replacement plate (from Moss) has a space where apparently I am
expected to stamp in the weight in lbs.  My old plate has no such
stamped number.  If some original TR4 plates were so stamped, what
weight was used?  (Yes, I can find weight figures for the car, several
in fact... looking for what was actually used for the commission plate)

Also, from what was left of the paint on plate it appears that the
weight on the original plate was painted on and was in kilos.
Apparently there were changes or variations in commission plate other
than the 'early TR4' and 'late TR4 & TR4A' presented in the moss
catalog?  Thanks for any insight.

Geo Hahn
64 TR4
Tucson