Re: '76 TR6 Trailing Arm brackets

Subject: Re: '76 TR6 Trailing Arm brackets
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 08:19:14 -0800
Al wrote:

>Also , you might want to check spacers that go between the trailing arm
>mounts & the frame. One side gets 3 and the other 4; but I'll have to get
>under the car to see which is which.

The number of alignment shims (between the brackets and the frame)
required for a given alignment spec will vary from car to car.  This
is due to the manufacturing tolerances and the fact that not every
frame is identical to every other frame.  Order a handful of extra
alignment shims (they're cheap) and once you've got it all put back
together, take the car to an alignment shop for a 4-wheel alignment
and bring the extra shims along for the guy to use.  Each car will
use different numbers of shims in different combinations to achieve
the same alignment specs.