Re: Stuck cylinder head tips (reprise)

To: hfader@usa.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stuck cylinder head tips (reprise)
From: Bristol7@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 13:09:46 EST
I had this problem on my departed 72 TR6 (which is apparently
now resting in good health in a Dutch garage) and I solved
it pretty easily and quickly. After "undressing" (follow the
instructions in the ROM)  the the head as you mentioned below,
I took a long, steel cylindrical bar (like you find in a barbell set)
and inserted one end into the number 3 or 4 exhaust port on the
head. I gently levered up and the head separated from the block
with a nice popping sound and a splash of coolant. No damage
done and it only took about two minutes to complete. Good Luck!
Let us know how you come out.

Best Regards,
Kirk Yonker
81 TR8 Fi Dhc Pos