Stuck cylinder head tips (reprise)

Subject: Stuck cylinder head tips (reprise)
From: "Hugh Fader" <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 12:48:39 -0500
Hello all. I'm in the process of removing the cylinder head on my TR6. I
have the water pump, manifolds, and all the cylinder head studs removed and
the darn thing won't budge. I have tried the "turn the engine over with the
starter with plugs in" trick. No luck. I know about the "fill a cylinder
with rope and bar the engine" trick. I may give this a try. I am hoping that
there is another simple technique that I may have missed. Also is it
possible I've forgotten to removed something?

Thanks in advance.
Hugh Fader
72 TR6