TR6 transmission question

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 transmission question
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 16:11:08 -0800
Hi all :

I'm currently trying to assemble a working transmission from component parts
lying about in my parts bins.  The local TRansmission expert Herman van den
Akker has pointed out to me the difference between the early and late gears
and shift hubs, where the tapered portion of the synchro dogs on the gears
are different, and the mating surface on the hubs is slightly different.  He
says it's unwise to mix the two.  Now I would never ignore Herman's advice,
and I'm already working on a solution that does not involve mixing gearsets,
but I'm curious what other's experiences have been.  Has anyone tried using
a later synchro hub with an early gear, and had problems ?

Randall