TR4 leaking sump

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 leaking sump
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 21:47:36 +1100 FILETIME=[86D30A20:01C1AE32]
Listers,

Good news and bad was found when I had my TR4 up on the hoist. The good news
is that contrary to my previous belief my rear main seal doesn't leak at
all.  The bad news is that the leaking oil is coming from the sump, the
gasket doesn't seem to be doing much of a job.

It is a new gasket and the leak is not confined to one or two spots but is
noticable all around the sump. Any recommendations on suppliers/brands of
sump gaskets or tips on getting a seal in this area?

Many thanks in advance,
Michael
63' TR4 CT23641 O
Sydney, Australia