Girling "A" type caliper (TR3A)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Girling "A" type caliper (TR3A)
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 08:06:27 EST
Other than Apple Hydraulics, does anyone suggest a supplier for a Girling "A"
type caliper assembly? (right, passenger side) for a '58 Triumph TR3A.

Apparently a previous owner had tried to remove a froze up bleed nipple and
snapped off the ez out inside the assembly. Other than this the caliper works
fine. I had replaced the seals, piston, dust cover and pads, etc., etc. last
spring, and these are all good, however without the bleed nipple,
disconnecting the brake line is the only alternative for bleeding, when
necessary.

I am considering replacing this caliper, Apple Hydraulics qouted a price of
$185 (to include the piston, seals, etc.). I am looking for an alternative,
read less $, since I have relatively new components in the one I have.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Ed ('58 TR3A)