Re: Girling "A" type caliper (TR3A)

To: Popnglo@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Girling "A" type caliper (TR3A)
From: ExTR3A@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 09:47:13 EST
In a message dated 2/5/02 8:08:34 AM Eastern Standard Time, Popnglo@aol.com
writes:

> I am considering replacing this caliper, Apple Hydraulics qouted a price of
> $185 (to include the piston, seals, etc.). I am looking for an alternative,
>
> read less $, since I have relatively new components in the one I have.

Ed:

Seems to me that when I lost the wheel on my old TR3A (which broke the
caliper and crunched the fender), it was tough to find the A-type calipers.
You might call Team Triumph in Warren, Ohio -- great Triumph scrapyard and
very reasonable prices.  The owner, Scott Harper, is a really good guy who
will help you with anything you need.  NFI, etc.

www.teamtriumph.com
(330) 392-7176

Also, as the list is pretty slow, I figured this was as good a time as any to
introduce my new, more appropriate screenname.  "GreenBugeye@aol.com" is
still in service, too, but I figured it was past time to stop folks from
e-mailing me (after posting to the Triumphs list) and saying things like "Do
you just call your TR3A a Bugeye?  Did you know there's an actual car called
a Bugeye?"  ;-)

Chris Eck
(Currently Triumphless)
Ex 59 TR3A