RE: E-bay

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: E-bay
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 13:52:58 -0800
> Some things are hard to find except on E-Bay,,

Generally only if you don't know where to look.  For example, aluminum sumps
are available new from Racetorations for about $250 + S&H.  Haven't asked,
but I'll bet places like TSi and BFE can get them too ...

One part about eBay that I think many people overlook, it "adds value" to
the products just by having them all listed in a single place, where
everyone knows where to look for them.  As long as the description is honest
(and everything is 'rare' if you don't know where to look for it), it's
_not_ the seller's fault if people want to bid the price of used parts up
over what they cost new.

I follow ebay fairly closely, and it happens almost every day.  The ones I
really find humorous are the tools and whatnot from HF.  Every time HF comes
out with a sale flyer, the same exact tools are listed on eBay, usually for
the exact same starting bid.  The difference is that HF ships free ...

Randall