Carb Float Bowls

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[1B8200A0:01C1B0AD] teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g18EUHu16942
Subject: Carb Float Bowls
From: "Williams, Bill (Atlanta)" <Bill.Williams@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 08:30:07 -0600 qcorp.net>
Hello All,

On my 74 TR6, I have the Zenith-Stromberg float bowls that have the
round, plastic/brass plugs on the bottom that are notorious for leaking
around the o-rings.

I just finished a complete rebuild of my carbs and, sure enough, I have
a small leak from one of those plugs.

Is there a float bowl from another LBC, or another marquee, that does
not have this plug, but will fit on the Zenith's without any
modifications?  If there is such an animal, are there any adjustments,
such as float height, that have to be made?

Thanks,

Bill
Atlanta
74 TR6