Re: Weber DCOE manifold

To: "De Lorenzo, David S" <david.s.de.lorenzo@intel.com>
Subject: Re: Weber DCOE manifold
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 13:50:57 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'TeriAnn Wakeman'" <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Dave,
In my humble opinion there is no "GOOD" single DCOE manifold for a 1500 (or
1300) Spitfire engine.  This is because of the mismatched port arrangement
of the 8-Port head and the DCOE.  The problem is that the inside two tubes are
much shorter than the outside two.  The result is that the inside two
cylinders cannot be tuned to match the outside two.  It means that one of two
conditions exist:

1. You get too much fuel into the inside two cylinders and wash the cylinder
walls down.
2  You don't get enough fuel at the outside cylinders and they run lean and
burn plugs and valves.

Either one of those conditions are not good.  So My recommendation is that if
you want DCOE performance get a dual 40DCOE setup and you will have much
more balanced fuel distribution and less trouble down the road.

Regards,
Joe