RE: oversized carb shafts

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: oversized carb shafts
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 09:41:35 -0800
> Does anyone know of a source for oversized cab shafts for SU
> carbs?

Moss has them, so any Moss distributor will (like BPNW or Power British),
most likely TRF does too.

>  And is this a job that can be done with home shop tools?

You will need the special piloted reamer, also available from Moss.  I
believe that's all.  Be sure to replace the throttle plate screws, and be
sure the new ones are staked securely.  Don't want them to fall out ...

Oh, one other thing, the H6 replacement shafts I got had to be cut to
length, and were not drilled for the pin for the stop lever.  The hole has
to be accurately located, at just the correct angle to the throttle plate.
Definitely not something I'd want to do by hand, took me two tries using a
drill press and a vise.  Fortunately, I drilled the first hole before I cut
the shaft, so I was able to reverse that shaft and still use it.

Randall