quick ratio rack installation problems in a TR6

To: robp@ncsa.uiuc.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: quick ratio rack installation problems in a TR6
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 14:23:53 EST
Cc: tedtsimx@q1.net
Rob,

Re your email below:

I don't know if this is the answer you are looking for, but I have seen some
Triumphs, (Spitfire, Vitesse, GT6 & TR6), with a couple of front suspension
shims, (the ones that go between the chassis and the front lower wishbones on
the smaller Triumphs, fitted between the engine mounting rubbers and the
engine mounting bracket, apparently to raise the engine as you have
indicated.

On Spitfires and GT6's this can cause clearance problems at the top front of
the engines, but almost certainly not on a TR6 with its' mostly flat bonnet

Also, there are some 'suspect' engine mounting rubbers around, where the
rubber is softer than the original 'metalastik' mountings.
The rubber should be solid, without any holes running through the center.

Hope that helps you some.

If it still doesn't work, perhaps try urethane rack bushes from Ted
schumachwer instead of the solid alloy ones, or have the alloy ones cut down
to make them the same height as the original squishy rubber items?

Regards

Leon