Tube shock Conversion

To: Triumph 6-pack mail list <6pack@autox.team.net>, triumph mail list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tube shock Conversion
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:57:46 -0500
Just received my shock conversion from VB. It's the one piece bracket
designed to be a  direct bolt replacement for the lever shocks. They
came with KYB gas shocks & cost about $150.00.
I'll be braving the cold and installing the pair with-in the week & will
take some pics along the way & post them. It looks like a very simple
installation & should take about an hour.
This should work well with the TRF comp springs, Prothane bushings (up
front only) Koni's and 15x7 light Race version Panasports. My original
levers are toast and I couldn't see investing a dime into a repair or
replacement.
The brackets are very well made, with a heavy gauge steel and nice
welds. I can't imagine this flexing at all. There will be no weight
savings at all. Between the heavy gauge of the bracket & shock the only
trade off appears to be a better design & hopefully better wheel
control.
TTYL

--
Mitch Seff