RE: Is this sacrilege?

Subject: RE: Is this sacrilege?
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 20:56:38 -0800
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Excellent points Ashford, but here's another one.

It is basically illegal in the USA today to 'hotrod' a modern car any other
way except to use 'bolt-on' parts that have passed some rather rigorous (and
expensive) tests.  And while it's popular to portray modern youth as all
being scoff-laws, the truth is that they aren't any more fond of breaking
the law (and being caught) than we were ...

That said, there was a feature in one of the magazines a few months back
(might've been Hot Rod, don't recall) about cars that turned under 10 second
quarter-mile times _and_ got 20 mpg on pump gas.  One of the cars featured
was a Honda, with at least a derivative of the original engine block
(beaucoup boost, ceramic pistons, lots of combustion engineering).  Not
quite a kid doing the work, but not an old man either !

Randall