Re: Sacrilege?

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sacrilege?
From: jackandangie@attbi.com
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:37:07 +0000
 I saw that movie also. I teach at a High School, and a
bunch of my kids are into that stuff. Other than the
cars, I thought the movie was kid of crap (I mean, what
truck driver would drive nice and straight down the
highway while people in tiny tin cans shot at him), but
to each his own. I did appreciate the cars though. I
also like some of the latino low riders. Not that i want
one, but just because they are usually done with really
high quality work in their genre. Most of the street
racing though is not nearly as built up as the movie, as
evidenced by the videos the kids show me at
www.dallasracing.com  lots of hondas and such, but not
nearly as fast and built as those in the movie. And, the
kids are like us when we were young, just with a
different kind of technology and parameters. Like Bruce,
I would rather talk with some kid that knows, or is
learning some high performance tricks and stuff than
somebody that just shells out money and doesn't know
what is being done.

Jack