Re: TR6: Camber question

To: <frank@ssabsa.sa.gov.au>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6: Camber question
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:37:11 EST
In a message dated Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:03:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
"Biedermann, Frank (SSABSA)" <frank@ssabsa.sa.gov.au> writes:

> rebuilt the front suspension on my TR6 last year (I replaced the bushes,
> ball joints, tie rod ends, trunnions, spring seats/insulators - which were
> non-existant, shock absorbers, and the RH vertical link) and put everything
> else back as I found it (there's not a lot left), the camber on the RH wheel
> went from negative to positive....Can anyone
> suggest a reason for this happening?

Perhaps the old vertical link was bent, or perhaps the new one is defective
somehow. Is it new or a "good" used one? I'd consider checking both against
"spec"!

> 3. Will adding alignment shims push the bottom A-Arm out sufficently to
> bring the camber back into the acceptable range, and if so, is this an
> acceptable fix?

Presuming that whichever link you end up with does check out ok, yes, this
should work (after which you'll need to do another alignment).

> 4. I was thinking of getting a new suspension kit for all four quarters - ie
> slightly lowered, uprated springs, new adjustable rate shockers all-round -
> should I go for that and see how things pan out? Or should I try to fix the
> camber problem before doing that?

I'd track down and fix the problem first.

--Andy Mace