Re: LBC

To: Jim Muller <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Subject: Re: LBC
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 17:42:08 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jim Muller wrote:

> > Re:LBC
>
> Actually, us "geeks" missed one this time.  In the early days
> of the british-cars mailing list, back when the earth was cooling
> and we were inventing these TLA's, LBC originally meant Little
> British Convertible.

Legend has it that the term "Little British Convertible" was abondoned at the
request of the automobile purists on the list, who insisted that the definition
of "convertible" had something to do with the ability to erect a top which would
actually keep the occupants dry and warm................

>  "Little British Car" was discussed as an
> alternate immediately thereafter and the True Meaning of LBC was
> left ambiguous.  The LBC vocabulary has since been enriched with
> words like fluif, dizzy, etc.

And also a renewed interest in the languages of our parents' mother countries,
especially the swearwords therin.........

--

uncle jack - red, white, and New Blue