Re: LBC

To: "Tom O'Malley" <tomomalley@meganet.net>, " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LBC
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 02 17:10:45 -0800
>On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:30:06 -0500, you wrote:
>
>>Actually, us "geeks" missed one this time.  In the early days
>>of the british-cars mailing list, back when the earth was cooling
>>and we were inventing these TLA's, LBC originally meant Little
>>British Convertible.  "Little British Car" was discussed as an
>>alternate immediately thereafter and the True Meaning of LBC was
>>left ambiguous.  The LBC vocabulary has since been enriched with
>>words like fluif, dizzy, etc.
>
>Yup.  Little British Convertible is was and I *think* we got away with
>"Sons of Lucas" for a short time before the fairer sex protested. :-)

No you never got away with it.    Right after Sons of Lucas was suggested
I counter suggested Daughters of Lucas and some wonderful peacemaking
soul came up with Scions before I could make it a four letter acronem
DOLL instead of SOL.  People were good sports about not being sexist
though.

>So where is Scott Fisher in February 2002?

Back when Scott had a MGB that lived in the garage because for various
reasons he could not seem to keep it drivable for longer than a couple
months at a time.  Eventually he finally sold the MGB and bought a Alfa
roadster.  I understand he is active in the Alfa circles.  About a year
or so ago he moved North. I believe to the Salem - Portlandish area.

TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message

http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937