Need help with problem: possible bad brake master

To: "Triumphs@autox. Net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, <owner-6pack@autox.team.net>, "Georgia Triumph Club" <gatriumph@gatriumph.com>
Subject: Need help with problem: possible bad brake master
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 17:28:57 -0500
I am replacing all four brake hoses on my car.  I was attempting to
bleed the brakes prior to installing the new hoses.  I started by
loosening the bleed nipple on the front left brake and was able to
deplete all the fluid in the reservoir.  Next came the rear brakes to
remove the fluid from the front part of the reservoir, but I was unable
to get the fluid to drain out.  I tried both rear wheels, but no fluid.
Next I removed the brake pipe from the brake master, but no fluid came
out.

So I'm stumped, why am I not able to get fluid to flow from my rear
brakes?  Do I have a bad brake master?  What about the 4-way valve?
Other suggestions?

R. Ashford Little II
www.geocities.com/ralittle2

PS: I ought to know by now that there is no such thing as a quick job on
a Triumph as you are bound to run into something funky.