Joke - absolutely no LBC

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Joke - absolutely no LBC
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:18:08 -0000
Friends,
I am confident this will mark me out for ultra high temperature
treatment. It's already seriously upset a number of ladies who
received it from me at work earlier today - but what the hell
Jonmac

A man was walking along a California beach and deep in prayer.
Suddenly, he cried out loud, "Lord, grant me one wish."
The sky clouded over his head, there was a crash of thunder, flashes
of lightning plunged to the ground and a booming voice was heard.
"Because you have TRIED to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant
you one wish."
The man replied, "Build me a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over to
visit whenever I want."
After a moment, the voice replied, "your request is very
materialistic. Think of the enormous challenges for that kind of
undertaking. The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific,
the concrete and steel it would take! Of course it can be done but it
is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a
little more time and think of another wish - a wish you think would
honour and glorify me."
The man thought about this for a long time. Finally, he said "I wish
that I could understand women. I want to know how they feel inside,
what they are thinking when they give me the silent treatment, why
they cry for apparantly no reason, what they mean when they say
"nothing" and how I can make a woman truly happy."
There was a long pause, periodic rumbles of thunder and eventually the
voice from behind the clouds was heard to say, "had you given serious
consideration as to whether this bridge is best suited to two or four
lanes?"