RE: In a Quandary about Intermittent Starts

To: "'Kinderlehrer'" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: In a Quandary about Intermittent Starts
From: "S Twigg" <seanan@crosslink.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 00:25:52 -0500
Cc: <nass@yahoogroups.com>, "Spitfire-Enthusiast" <spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com>, "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bob,
        It runs perfectly once it starts.  Cold idle is about 1800-2000
rpm and warm idle is 8-900 rpm, no misses, and easy, smooth
acceleration. The mixture is a tad bit rich (my own doing) and the
autochoke is about 6 months old.
        I received a note from Randall about the HEI module, which
caused problems a year ago, before being replaced.  I may pick up a new
one tomorrow and see if that helps.

Thanks,
Sean