Stag Headlight circuit query

To: "Stag" <stag@digest.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stag Headlight circuit query
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 08:56:07 -0500
My recently acquired Stag (MkII USA w A/C)) has an interesting wiring
anomaly I haven't been able to find.  The high and low (main and dip)
beams are backwards.  The car was totally disassembled and reassembled
by the PO and I am chasing down his errors.  The color codes are correct
at the fuse box and at the lamp buckets.  Since the Main beam indicator
light comes on when the switch is in the main beam position it would
appear the wiring must be correct up to the fuse box.  The wiring
diagram makes no indication of intermediate connectors between the fuses
and bucket connections.  Any suggestions on other places to look for the
wiring to be switched?

TIA

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6 76-TR7 80-TR8  W4UCK