Brake Caliper Piston seals

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Caliper Piston seals
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 05:11:42 -0800 (PST)
So I'm waiting on my Stainless brake pistons (calipers)

and I'm doing my best to clean up the grooves in the bores that hold the rubber
ring and dust boot.   (this is an earlier TR4-TR6 type caliper)

That job's a real pain.
Anyone got any good tools / technical tips they wanna share on how to clean
those grooves out?

Anyway . .  as I'm getting them clean, I open up the rebuild kit and see on the
included diagrams that the rubber ring that goes in the caliper bore . . .
supposedly has some sort of taper to it, and that there is a right and a wrong
way to put it in.

I must be getting old . . .cause in looking at the rubber part . . . it doesn't
seem to have any sort of taper to it.

Any comments?

Scott Tilton
Leesburg, VA