Re: Dzus Tool

To: "James Fowler" <jfowler@mail.southeast.cc.nc.us>
Subject: Re: Dzus Tool
From: Michael Thompson <miket@rio.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:29:53 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi James,
My Dzus tool has rounded off a few times. I'm not sure if the ones that
they sell nowadays are made of softer metal, because I used to have an
older one with a different TR3 and never had that problem.
I just hit it with the bench grinder and square it up. You could also
file it down.
In emergencies I use a screwdriver of the right size.
Someone else on the list may know of a way to harden the tip of the tool.
Cheers,
Mike Thompson
59 Triumph TR3A
71 Land Rover S2A