Crank Pulley Chipped

To: "Hugh Fader" <hfader@usa.net>
Subject: Crank Pulley Chipped
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:19:23 -0500
Message text written by "Hugh Fader"
>I just noticed there is a small chip at the edge of my crank pulley. I'm
guessing this thing has to be pretty well balanced. It looks like these are
pretty expensive. Do I need to worry about this?
<

The factory didn't balance them that well.  I would be more concerned about
what it does to the belt.  If the belt is not endangered then you would be
better off with it than getting a new one.  If you are going to have the
engine balanced (recomended) then getting another one will be no problem.

I have a few spares if you need one.

Dave Massey
57 TR3
71 TR6