Re: A wandering TR3B

To: Divits@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A wandering TR3B
From: RayAntoky@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:10:30 EST
In a message dated 2/28/02 8:58:15 AM Eastern Standard Time, Divits writes:

> I have to say that's the best advise yet!!! Did the shop that you went to
> have experiance with TR's or was it just any shop that does alignments?

John:

Glad you like my style.
Brooklyn is loaded with old timers. This shop has a Haitian guy who has seen
everything. The owner, whose dad owned the place before him, has plenty of
experience. Between the two of them they determined what could stay and what
should be changed. I had an extra center tie rod bar so I ordered the
bushings and had them pressed in. I still have to get it in the car. Let's
face it. A car is a car. Play is play. Find a shop with some old timers. Or
call around and see if there are any with Brit car experience. Regarding the
steering box thing, I got that info from another old timer, a Brooklyn
Italian guy about 70 who had a few years ago. He's a Mercedes guy and used to
race Gullwings. In the meantime wait for some more advice if you havent recd
any as yet.

Ray Antoky
59TR3A