RE: head thickness

To: "'Joe Curry'" <spitlist@gte.net>, Mark Gendron <mgendron@speakeasy.org>
Subject: RE: head thickness
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:07:00 -0500
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I recommend buying a strap wrench. Place the strap around the head of the
DPO and give the wrench two or three good yanks to tighten it up. Use a
hammer if necessary to make sure that there is no slack in the strap. Then
make a mark on the strap with a pencil. Use the hammer again to remove the
wrench from the head of the DPO. Measure the start of the strap to the
pencil line to get the circumference. Divide that number by pi to get the
approximate DPO head thickness. (Assuming DPOs have round heads)

Mark Hooper