Tuning ZS 175 Carbs

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tuning ZS 175 Carbs
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@theriver.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:41:21 -0700
I've set the TR4 carb mixture using the method described in Haynes of
cranking the jet all the way up then bringing it back down 3 turns.

Seems to run okay but is there a method for dialing in a more exact
setting?

The manual describes lifting the piston 1/32 inch with the result being
no change in engine speed if the mix is correct... speeding up if to
rich, stalling if too lean.  Is that an adequate test?  I'm willing to
drive -- stop -- adjust -- rinse & repeat -- if that is necessary but
would need to know what I am looking for, i.e. what are the driving
symptoms of too rich or too lean?

Thanks for any help.

Geo Hahn
64 TR4