Re: Tuning ZS 175 Carbs

To: "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Geo Hahn" <geohahn@theriver.com>
Subject: Re: Tuning ZS 175 Carbs
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:52:54 -0700
Geo,

Pull the tops off the carbs, pull the air valve (with the diaphram still
attached and adjust your needle so that the "shoulder" of the needle is flat
even with the bottom of the air valve.  Both needles being set at the same
reference point from the bottom of their air valve is the important part.
Now when they're back together (and with the diaprhram nib in the right
place) you get one full turn either to the right (rich) or left (lean) to
adjust the fuel/air mixture...at least that's the theory.  In practice you
adjust them, and tweak them, and play with them until your plugs are a nice
chocolate brown color (not black or chalky white) on the electrodes.  Read
them often.   Just keep track of where you are from your reference point as
you change the mixture...or the penalty is taking off the carb covers and
starting over.

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)