Obsure part source (non-TR)

To: "triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Obsure part source (non-TR)
From: "Jerry Oliver" <slantws@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 09:02:27 -0800
Hi everybody
I asked this on the XK Jaguar list, but am now asking here as there is a
similar small part  used on Triumphs (at least on my TR4A). I'm looking for
a source for a 3/8" ID  tension washer, called a "double coil spring
washer". Its a washer shaped in a coil, serving the purpose on keeping
pressure on a rotating shaft. A 5/16 ID one is used on the deck support arm
on the TR4A. I think I bought one a few years ago from Moss. McMaster-Carr
has no source. On the XK150 roadster I'm restoring, two are used on the
accelerator throttle control cross shaft. Any help appreciated.
Jerry Oliver
Olympia, WA
'66 TR4A