RE: Some more TR3a questions

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Some more TR3a questions
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 22:00:57 -0800 o m>
> 1. What kind of screws hold on the front grill, self tapping #10's?

No, they're supposed to be #6 self tapping, Standard P/N YZ3364, with clip
nuts above and 'fix' nuts below.

> 2. How long is the speedo cable supposed to be?

Depends whether you have overdrive or not (and if your car is LHS or not).
For LHS, non OD = 69", OD = 96" (according to the Moss catalog).

> If it is frozen can I get it unfrozen?

Doubtful, but anything's possible.

> Is it worth trying or just get a new one?

IMO just buy a new one, if the old one is frozen.  If it's that badly
rusted, chances are it will fail soon even if you can free it without
damaging it any further.  The inner core is wrapped with very fine wire, and
even one broken strand will quickly ruin the whole things.

>  How do I go about
> this if it salvagable?

I like PB Blaster ...

Randall