Clean and paint TR6 engine bay

Subject: Clean and paint TR6 engine bay
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 09:03:42 -0500
OK, next step for me is to clean and paint the engine bay. I have no
experience with body work and no air tools. I am considering buying custom
spray cans from http://www.towerpaint.com/ to match the body paint. Anybody
ever bought from them? Is this a common service which I am likely to be able
to get locally?

The bay is dirty and there is some surface rust on the battery shelf. My
plan is to wire brush it off and apply some kind of rust converter.

I want to avoid disturbing the brakes as I just rebuilt the system (poor
planning). I'll move as much of the harness out of the way as I can and
remove the clutch MC.

Next step would be to apply a de-greaser (what product?) and power spray it
off. Mask off what I don't want paint on, prime, then top-coat.

Any comments or advice?

Thanks,
Hugh Fader