Re: TR3 transmission cross member

To: Gavin Rhodes <grhodes@mail1.talbotcorp.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 transmission cross member
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 17:52:12 -0500
1. Yes. In fact, there are at least two different sizes. My bracket came off
of a 4A (but who knows if it was original). The entire bracket was slightly
wider, front to back, than the one I removed, plus the two holes that the
rubber mount bolts to were slightly offset toward the rear. In any case, it
fit perfectly in the space available in the frame and my OD box dropped
right in with NO modifications. Point is, there ARE different sizes and one
of them is bound to fit.

2. Sorry, but I don't have a spare. Good luck.

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L...O
There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'...Dave Barry