TR3 transmission cross member

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 transmission cross member
From: "Gavin Rhodes" <grhodes@mail1.talbotcorp.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 15:47:02 -0700
Hello all, this morning I was changing out the transmission mount
on my TR3A and discovered that the metal cross member that
attaches to the chassis and transmission mount was cracked in
half, causing the tranny to sag onto the exhaust pipe, causing the
exhuast pipe to sit on the chassis. Finally figured out what that
strange vibration was...

Anyway, I have two questions:

1. I have a TR4 syncro tranny and the crossmember was drilled
out to accomodate it. This obviously led to the eventual failure of
the piece. Does anyone know if a TR4 cross member will fit the
TR3, or do I just need to get another TR3 one and drill it out?

2. Does anyone on the list have one they would be willing to part
with?

Thanks in advance, please reply to me personally as I'm on digest
mode.

Gavin
59 TR3A daily driver (except for the next few days...)