Fender Sealer...?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fender Sealer...?
From: Eric Miller <ebuzz@teleport.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 20:52:50 -0800
Listers -

I am now bolting the painted fenders back on my TR4A and recall some
discussion on the list of using a sealer between the body and the fenders.
I have some "dum dum" that I'm using around the bolts that attach the body
to the frame, and would use this if it's needed for the fenders.  The
problem is I can't find any reference to using a sealer between the fenders
in all my various restoration books, so I'm not positive it's necessary.
For those that have done this already, did you use anything between the
body and the fenders?  What did you use? Were you happy with the results?

Thanks,
Eric Miller