[no subject]

To: McGaheyRx@aol.com
From: "Dennis N Culligan" <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 11:55:53 -0500 |January 28, 2002) at 03/04/2002 11:55:55 AM
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jack wrote:
>...when i put in a new timing chain cover oil seal...

     Just in case you aren't aware, there are 2 vastly separate and
distinct
oil seals available for a TR6 - they are designated single lip and double
lip.
Make sure you get the right one!  When we rebuilt the motor on my TR6, we
ordered an oil seal from Moss and specified a late-model ('76) TR6.  It was
installed and upon starting the motor, MOST of the oil pissed out under the
timimg chain cover.  Once we go the right one (double lipped) from a local
NAPA  store (sorry, I don't have the part number), well, Bob's your uncle!

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U - TR6IUMPH / DNCULLIG@US.IBM.COM