Re: [Brake warning valve leak] teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g24HYeG20940

To: <bzw8@cdc.gov>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Brake warning valve leak] teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g24HYeG20940
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 12:34:22 -0500
Wow! I have now crossed over some magical threshold and can answer rather than
ask a question.

The leak is probably from o-rings in the shuttle inside the housing. It is
very easy to install these. TRF has a kit for a few dollars.

Don't make the mistake I did and over-tighten the plastic switch. This costs
~$30 to replace and only TRF could supply it for me.

If the valve shifts out of position after you install it, you can re-center it
with an awl or punch.

- Hugh

"Wages, Jeffrey" <bzw8@cdc.gov> wrote:
Hi all,

It appears my '71 TR6 has developed a leak in the brake warning valve
sensor.  My question is, what is the best practice for fixing this
engineering marvel?  I thought I had seen some recommendations other than
replacing the seal.

Thanks,

Jeff
Atlanta - '71 TR6