Travelling to the US LBC

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Travelling to the US LBC
From: Don Spence <dspence@oanet.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 10:26:29 -0700
TOM K wrote

By all means, yes, get your birth certificate just to be sure.  Things are
still tense here officially, although outwardly some things appear closer to
normal.
Tom K
North GA USA
1974 TR6

True story.

A Biathlete attending the winter Olympics wrote his friends at home about
his experience.  (Biathlon is a race-sport involving cross country skiing
and target shooting for which specialized 22 cal rifles are carried .)

Security at the biathlon venue is also very strict.  The
funniest thing was when entering the venue with my rifle and ammo, I
had to pass through an airport type security station.  When asked if I
had anything to declare, I stated "well there's my rifle and a few
hundred rounds of ammo".  To which the guard replied, "no I mean
something dangerous like, a knife..."

Go figure...