RE: wheels - tr6

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: wheels - tr6
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 22:11:31 -0800
Here's a long-saved post re: wheel lug circles :

The TR's (all of 'em....) use the same bolt pattern (4 on 4-1/2)
as the following cars:

        Acura - Legend '86-'89
        Buick - Special '61-'63
        Chevrolet
            Corvair all 4-bolt
            Chevy II  all 4-bolt
            Sprint '85-'87
            Nova ('61-'70)
        Datsun/Nissan - most models to '89
        Dodge Colt '79-'88
        Dodge Colt (early)
        Ford
            Mustang all '65-'68 4-bolt
            Falcon, Maverick, Granada all 4-bolt
        Mazda - 626, RX7 '83-'87  ????
        MGA, MGB, MGC
        Olds - F-85 '61-'63
        Plymouth - Arrow, Sapporo '79-'88
        SAAB all      ???
        SAAB - 900 to '87
        Toyota - most exc. MR2 and P.U. to '89

Not all of these cars ran 15" wheels.

But you have to make sure that the offset and backspace is right.
I've seen some Ford rims used on TR racers, but I couldnt
tell you what they came from.

        Shane Ingate in San Diego
<<<<<

TR6 rims do bend, they also break.  However the same is true of any rim that
I'm familiar with, I don't know that the TR6 rims are any worse in this
respect than any other steel rim.  280ZX rims (especially the aluminum alloy
ones) seem to also have problems, judging by what I've seen in the
junkyards.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver - with TR6 rims