IRS (was speedometers, no LBC)

To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: IRS (was speedometers, no LBC)
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 23:14:32 -0800
The IRS is apparently becoming very creative in looking for tax cheats.  We
had a couple of CPAs speak at our club meeting last week, one mentioned a
case where an agent had noticed a sign "homes in this tract starting at
$430,000".  He found the ZIP code for the tract, and cross-matched zip codes
to income.  Apparently found quite a few "self-employed" people living well
beyond their reported means ...

Randall