Re: speedo's

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: speedo's
From: Bill Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 07:26:07 -0800
>I have no idea how this speedometer mechanic operated on his units, I just
>know he was looking for his cash in about 20 minutes as the job was finished
>in that length of time, in later years as the digital units came into being it
>took him quite a bit longer and his services were much, much higher, with the
>type units in our cars his fee was 75.00, the digital's started at 250.00.
>"FT"

It is interesting how fast the crooks can keep up with technology, I
was browsing eBay for speedometers (I am looking for one for the
Great Race), when I saw several auctions for "Digital Odometer
Calibration" devices, these things were in the $1000-2000 range so my
guess is the "Calibration" service is a pretty lucrative business.

--
Bill Pugh
1957 TR-3